Monday, April 19, 2010

Mail

I am notoriously bad at keeping in touch with people. If I cared to psychoanalyze the behavior I'd probably say that it stems from deep seated insecurity. Meaning that I believe a) that people wouldn't want to hear from me if I called and b) even if they did want to hear from they'd change their minds once they did hear from because I wouldn't have anything interesting to say. E-mail has improved the problem slightly though not a whole lot. I do hate talking on the phone and in writing I don't have worry about awkward silences after I say something that no one finds interesting.

I used to be way better at keeping in touch and I have a theory about why. I think it's because I used to write actual letters. When my brother was in the Army I wrote him letters all the time, and he wasn't the only person I wrote letters to back then. I think it was actual pen and ink and stamps that made me a better communicator.

So, in an attempt to recapture that I'm going to start writing letters again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home