Monday, February 8, 2010

Nathan Fillion

Dear Nathan Fillion,

Part of me wants to believe that your just as much ham and cheese as the characters you play make you seem. That's the part that likes to believe that someday I might meet my heroes (like you) and have beer and hang out with them. If you're really that cheesy I bet you would be enormous fun to have a beer with.

However, there's another layer to your work. In Castle, and in Firefly, you mix real emotion in with the cheesiness. Not only that but you do it so subtly that it deftly belies the cheesiness revealing something much more complex. Of course, I suppose, that is equally appealing.

You see, another part of me loves those moments that only truly great actors can achieve. You know the ones I mean. Sometimes, a moment comes together on film (or on stage, but they are easier to pick out on film unless you're one of the actors on the stage) when everything comes together just right and the actors capture a moment of real, honest emotion. The reason I say it's easier to pick out on film is that on film you can actually see it in the eyes of the actors, and I've see it in yours right along side the cheese pretty much every Monday night.

It's an interesting mix and I am a fan of both sides, but I do especially love the cheesiness. The cheese never fails to make me smile. Keep up the good work.

Love,
The Fan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home