Monday, March 8, 2010

Pitchers and Poets, and Rogues Baseball Index

I've been becoming enamored with twitter lately because my facebook feed has been overly dominated by updates on things like Mafia Wars and Farmville and today on my twitter feed I saw this tweet from James Van Der Beek (@vanderjames):

For my birthday, pick someone you know & make their day. Let them know you care & believe in their potential...
So, in honor of James Van Der Beek's birthday, I am writing today's fan mail to a good friend of mine. I don't think his potential (as a writer specifically) is in question, but I'm going to take the time to let him know I believe in it anyway. He's most prolific on the subject of baseball, he writes for Rogues Baseball Index and Pitchers and Poets, but it's hardly the only subject he can write eloquently about. I think he tends to get pigeon holed as a "sports" writer because he's so good at it, but if you ask me he's going to be one of the best novelists of the modern era. His short stories are amazing, and he knows his way around an open ending better than Hemingway. While I think he'd make a terrific sports writer, in fact he already makes a terrific sports writer, but I wanted to take this opportunity to let him know that I believe in his potential as a fiction writer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home